I HAVE A NEW GRAND DAUGHTER

MEET KAYLAN FAITH POOLE.
She was born July 30 just before 2pm. She weighed in at 6lbs 7oz and was 19 inches long.
Big sister, Rylan is looking kinda curious.

lOOK AT THE LOVE IN MY SON'S EYES. IS IT SOMETHING ONLY I CAN SEE?

Kaylan with her mom and dad. Precious dont you think?

BLUBBERING GRANDMA...I know... I know.. not the best pic of me but you can see how HAPPY I am!
My daughter in law, Annie gave me the honor of being in the delivery room. I had the best seat in the house. Right next to the doctor! If I would have remembered my catcher's mit, it might have been used. Here's the story:

Annie was induced around 8am. At 12:30 nothing was really happening so Yvonne (Annie's mom) and I went to the hospital cafeteria for a quick lunch. John (Annie's dad) joined us shortly after we got there. We had just finished our sandwich when John's phone rang, It was my son, Jim.........ANNIE WAS READY TO PUSH!
Annie's last birth took 2 hours of pushing so we didn't run up to the room, we took our time while we chatted about how wonderful grand kids are. We opened the door to Annie's room and IT WAS FULL of nurses. One nurse told us we couldn't and were not allowed in. JUST WHO DID THEY THINK THEY WERE telling the grandparents they were not allowed? lol
John was like Moses and cleared a path for the grandma's to walk through. (I'm still laughing remembering the look on the nurses face. She knew there was NO WAY she was keeping us out of that room.)

Annie was letting the nurses know that she was ready to push but....THERE WAS NO DOCTOR IN THE ROOM and was told that she had to wait. I whispered a little to loud, "WAIT? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ?"
The nurses were not kidding and a ugly look was shot my way by "Nurse Cratchit." (I christened the name to the nurse that told us grandparents that we were NOT allowed)

The doctor arrived a few minutes later....(now remember... I'm in the front row seat) Annie lifted her knees up to her chest to give the first push.....Kaylan had already crowned!
And 4 pushes (15minutes) later we were blessed with a beautiful little girl.

Grandma Dede had an experience of a life time. I was so honored and bless to witness such an awesome miracle.

2 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful. Luck you, getting a front row seat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy Annie is beaming from ear to ear and looking just beautiful after being in labor and delivering a baby!

    Such a sweet baby and big sister too. Dad looks like he might think tiny Kaylan will break, he is holding her so tenderly.

    Thanks for sharing pix and story

    warm quilt hugs, sue in CA

    ReplyDelete